Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Back to Reality

I have been back to work for a few weeks now and have finally gotten into a good routine. Gracie is healthy and happy at home with Keith and I have made my debut back at the gym. It was not pretty! I met Jamie and 2 of her friends for a butt-kicker class early Saturday morning. I remember pre-baby that making it to the 9:45am class was a real struggle, but now that I am up at 5:45 each morning, 9:45 seemed a lot easier. The class was awesome and I realized how much I missed it. I was energized, sweaty and exhausted... and it felt great. Granted, I was sore as hell for the next 3 days, but it was worth it.

Running is going ok. My speed is still the same, but my endurance and distance is pretty dismal. So, I am starting to run right after work at the gym until it gets nicer out (above 40 degrees) so I can still get home to spend time with Gracie and Keith. Once it gets nicer though, we are taking Gracie with us in the 'Bob', our new jog stroller we have yet to break out. I suppose I should wait until it's 45 degrees before I take her out though. :)

Gracie is growing like a weed. She is belly laughing and jabbering all the time. She is such a miracle to us and we are enjoying every moment with her.